Success story: from a butcher's shop to a conference hotel
The Adler Asperg has been strongly rooted in the region since 1897. That was when the Ottenbacher family bought the building from a master butcher. It has remained in the family ever since and has never stopped growing. Every generation preserved the traditional values whilst giving the establishment their own personal hallmark, making the Adler Asperg what it is today: a modern, long-standing establishment full of warmth, cordiality and exclusiveness.
Christian and Christiane Pauline Ottenbacher
In 1897 they bought the building from a master butcher. The couple mastered the ambitious task of running a butcher's shop with restaurant, demonstrating creativeness and pioneering spirit.
Richard and Hedwig Ottenbacher
They took over the Adler in 1930 and added to it a modern guest-house with 23 rooms and a garden restaurant. They added some adjoining rooms to the restaurant to make it into what we know today as the Schwabenstube.
Richard and Martha Ottenbacher
They took over the running of the Adler in 1965. The guest-house became a hotel with 60 rooms and a wellness area. The Schwabenstube restaurant was awarded a Michelin star under head chef Heinz Bernardis.
Christian and Dr. Dory Ottenbacher
They took over the running of the Adler at the end of the 1990s and added conference rooms, conference packages and a sun terrace. The Brasserie Aguila has also brought new spirit to the establishment.