Welcome to our modern traditional establishment
Our family-run hotel and restaurant has been well known for its cordiality, Swabian charm and excellent service since 1897. The Ottenbacher family has remained true to its home area to the present day. Guests will sense these regional ties on a visit to the Adler. Every generation preserved the traditional values whilst giving the establishment their own personal hallmark, making the Adler Asperg what it is today: a modern long-standing establishment full of warmth, cordiality and exclusiveness.
The history of the Adler Asperg
In 1897 they bought the building in Asperg from a master butcher. The couple mastered the ambitious task of running a butcher's shop with restaurant, demonstrating creativeness and pioneering spirit.
They took over the Adler in 1930 and added to it a modern guest-house with 23 rooms and a garden restaurant. They added some adjoining rooms to the restaurant to make it into what we know today as the Schwabenstube.
They took over the running of the Adler in 1965. The guest-house became a hotel with 60 rooms and a wellness area. The Schwabenstube restaurant was awarded a Michelin star under head chef Heinz Bernardis.
They took over the running of the Adler at the end of the 1990s and added conference rooms, conference packages and a sun terrace. The Aguila has also brought new spirit to the establishment.